Online window treatments company / product name – Jupiter Wells
One of the most successful online retailers for blinds and window treatments hired Igor to name a new brand of upscale online window treatments. The new brand would go after a more affluent, less price sensitive, consumer with a higher quality product; it required different positioning, and a much better, evocative name to stand out from the crowd.
Here are the primary positioning objectives that the new brand had to accomplish, which we developed with our client as part of this project; the new name had to:
- be evocative, and stand out from the crowd of boring, mostly descriptive names in the window treatment space
- rise above "blinds" and change the conversation within the industry by creating a brand that customers can have an emotional connection to, as well as allow for product offerings among all types of window treatments and for potential future expansion into other home décor and furnishings territory
- be charming and disarming – taking the fear out of purchasing window treatments or furniture over the internet
- emphasize style – that the company has great taste and can help you consumers get it. To be thought of as your online personal decorator.
- have some familiarity/meaning without sounding totally made-up
- be available for trademark AND exact match domain name
As a bonus, if the name sounded vaguely like it could be both a designer's name and/or evoke a non-specific sense of place, without being too obviously either one of those things, that would be great.
Igor created the perfect name for this company in Jupiter Wells, a name derived from a very small, very remote Australian Aboriginal settlement.
The name Jupiter Wells creates its own mystery. It is very unique among the competition, and people will naturally want to know more, which creates connection and emotional engagement with the consumer.
Jupiter Wells demonstrates, rather than explains, a unique, entirely new perspective. It is completely unexpected, which makes it intriguing, yet each word is grounded with enough shared mythology, stories and associations so as not to be a disconnect.